13 March 2020

Activity to pass the time indoors OR Let's make a board game.

After so many months (years...) I remembered my old blog and found the time for one more post.


Stratego Board Game DIY 

This post is not about circuits and microcontrollers. This is one is about a DIY board game.

I wanted to buy Stratego, the well known classic board game, for my kids, but I found out that it was not available in the local market. Since I had to spend some time at home anyway, (due to the pandemic and all...), I though that, it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and make the game myself. It's certanly cheaper and I wouldn't have to wait for any online order to arrive. The kids get so impatient.



So after some search on the indernet, I found the classic token figures and made the necessary ms-word templates and print them. It took me some efford to cut out and make the pawns from the printed cardboard. Also printed the game board in two pieces from my own ms-word template.

Since the result was good enough, and the game does not really take too much time to make, I though that I should share the templates for everyone who might want to craft the game on their own.

So, you can download them from here:

Stratego Tokens

Sratego Board

No comments:

Post a Comment